Q14. How do I enter a CAS number for chemicals that do not have an associated CAS (proprietary mixture, for example)?

Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) registry numbers is required in E-Plan.

You must enter CAS registry numbers for pure chemicals (i.e., those with no mixture components) that are Extremely Hazardous Substances (EHS) with the exception of Organorhodium Complex, which has no CAS.

If you do not know the CAS number for the chemical being entered, leave it BLANK in the CAS number field. However, please note that in such a case, the system will not be able to provide any additional information to the First Responders.