This is a step-by-step guide for using the E-Plan's Online Tier2 Submit module. This guide will assist you through the process of entering data to build a Tier II report for filing to your State and local jurisdiction.
The E-Plan’s Online Tier II Reporting System (web site: https://tier2.erplan.net) is fully compatible with the Tier2 Submit software developed by EPA. However, the advantage of E-Plan’s Online Tier II Reporting System is that you do not have to install any software on your machine to submit your data. With no software, there is no facility based software updates required every year. Also, E-Plan’s Online Tier II Reporting System allows you to retrieve your submission from any computer with the security of an Access ID and password that is known only to you.
*** Important notes:
- Completed Tier II forms for reporting year 2017 are due by March 1, 2018.
- Per EPA, if you had a chemical on-site at or above the thresholds at your facility for more than 24 hours at any time during calendar year 2017, then you will need to file a Tier II report. Please consult with your State SERC and County LEPC for Tier II reporting requirements.
- Tier II reports due on March 1, 2018 should reflect chemical inventories for the previous calendar year January 1 – December 31, 2017.
- Filing Tier II report via E-Plan’s Online Tier2 Submit (web site: https://tier2.erplan.net) may not fulfill the mandate per your state SERC and/or county LEPC and local fire department. You should obtain additional information and assistance in preparing and submitting Tier II reports by contacting your State agency, County LEPC, and local fire department.
- Contact your State SERC and/or County LEPC to see if they accept E-Plan as a form of electronic filing.
- For the 2017 reporting year, the following States and Counties accept E-Plan as an electronic form of Tier II reports:
State of Alabama
State of Florida
State of Georgia
State of Mississippi
State of Montana
State of North Carolina
State of New York
State of South Carolina
State of Tennessee
Warren County (Ohio)
Chesapeake City, Hopewell City, Patrick County, Pittsylvania County, Richmond City, Smyth County, Virginia Beach City, and Waynesboro City (Virginia)
- If you take over an existing account and do not know the log in credentials (i.e. Access ID and/or password), please use the Contact Us button on any E-Plan website page to request the account information.
- To receive an email confirmation after you file in E-Plan, you must change the email listed in the “Account Information” module, which can be found in the upper right corner of the screen. You will also be able to update the Submitter Name and password.